Trinity Free Lutheran Church is affiliated with the Association of Free Lutheran Congregations (AFLC). The AFLC is a fellowship of over 250 independent congregations bound together by a common cause and common tasks – evangelism and discipleship. We seek, in a very practical way, to carry out the principle of the “universal priesthood of all believers.” That is, we believe that the lay men and women of our congregations are called by God to be spiritual “lights” in their local communities.
The AFLC is not a synod but an association where the authority and autonomy of the local congregation is emphasized. Congregations of the AFLC do work together voluntarily in maintaining ministries which include:
- A two-year post-high school Bible school that focuses on the Word of God and personal spiritual growth.
- A four-year seminary that focuses on training pastors and missionaries who, in turn, train and equip lay people for spiritual service.
- World Mission and Home Mission departments which seek to establish other local congregations and further the Kingdom of God at home and abroad.
- Departments of Parish Education, Youth Ministries, Stewardship, and Evangelism.
- Midwinter Bible Conferences.
- Youth and Family Bible Camps.
Visit the AFLC website for more information on our church body!